First of all, a shout out goes to my friend Will for his mini interview in the Inlander (local news paper) in their earth day issue. We don't have to blow environmental issues out of proportion, but I hope earth day reminds us to live simply, as Will encourages. Will comes into the coffee shop I work at and gives me violin concertos on Cd's. He's always reading interesting books.
~*~
My church of a couple hundred or so usually splits into a morning and evening service, but Sunday we had an all church meeting and potluck. Among other things each missional community leader (think small group but more involved and outward focused), was able to describe their group and the ways God is showing himself in the city of Spokane. Among other things I was surprised and happy to find one group had taken in Ronny, a mentally unstable man who I had met while I was working in coffee shops downtown. He is known for having a birthday everyday. Cleaning up from the potluck I was able to hold a normal conversation with Ronny and afterwards I thanked God for the influence my church is having on Spokane.
~*~
The next day, I made toast with homemade bread and tea in the middle of an intense homework session. The flowers on my table were too picturesque not to capture the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment