Monday, April 4, 2011

Somewhere like home


Being in California was the best spring break ever. Besides the proposal I had the most beautiful time with my dear friends and family. When I have come to California in the past the times with friends and family are bitter-sweet. People have grown and changed, there are people who I have failed to keep in touch with that I may never see again. There are more babies I have not met, grandparents are older. I see the changes happening with people I love and I want to be a part of their lives, but some how I cannot.

But this last week was different. In a few precious instances it seems these times of being apart has actually brought me closer to a few dear friends and family. It has been refreshing to be reminded that God is still active when I am not present, that he is working for our good that we will be reconciled to him and reconciled to each other. Instead of feeling guilty that I can not be more a part of my old life in California I am thankful for my experience living in Chicago and now Washington. I am content to live here but hope to continue relationships with all you back in California.

Mom and Dad, it was especially sweet being with you. Thank you for supporting me ever step I took and thank you for loving Christopher.

No comments:

Post a Comment