Good food and good friends.
My beautiful old house is coming along nicely. We have furniture and roommates there now! We even added another temporary roommate, a lovely lady from Ohio. Now there are five of us, sharing one bathroom. Intimacy is painful to achieve, and we have much room for growth, but so far I have been incredibly thankful for the relationships I have had with each of my roommates even in this short time. We are all dramatically different, and in different phases of life. I am the only full time student. Some have been following Christ for only a short while, some of us are struggling with doubts and aren't always exactly sure what it means to follow Christ. Some have boyfriends, some are single. Different ages, different states, different families, different backgrounds. And here we are together, for a reason, willing to be a little vulnerable and do life together. I am looking forward to what God has for us in this time of life.
In other news, I got a job! I am going to be working at a coffee shop in down town Spokane. After an intense faith trip I am praising God for knowing what I need better than I know myself.
Spokane has been a healthy transition for me. Although, because of my hope in Christ, I am not dependent on my circumstances God has blessed me by bringing me here. I get to ride my bike 20 minutes to school through parks, past mountains covered in snow and over rivers. I have neighbors, friends, co-workers, house mates, and fellow students with whom I get to share a bit of my journey with. I had brunch with my neighbor the other week and I know the guy who owns the thrift store two blocks away, I also know his cat. My roommate Kristin and I talked about happiness the other night. How we always assume we will be happier in the next phase of our life. I realized that although my life is far from perfect, that there is nothing glamorous or easy about it, that I am exactly where I want to be.
To those who pray, thank you.
Some pictures for a picture into my life, the house has come a long way even since these were taken! More to come...
Is a skull on the wall overly creepy? We didn't think so.
A copy of Van Gogh on Dumpstered wood. With Beirut playing in the background.
Elise and a mandolin in the upper room I share with Kristin.
I am an little envious that you ladies are talented enough to simpy paint the pix you want onthe wall...hmm I think I will just stick with my own photography and vases of flowers. lol really though...nice job making your house your home. XOXO
ReplyDelete