Thursday, December 16, 2010

Work From Fall 2010

In case anyone is interested. I wrote many papers this semester, but these two are probably the most accessible to those who do not go to bible school. They are not great papers, I spent more time researching and thinking about the issues than writing the papers, but I learned a lot and I hope a little bit of that is conveyed. You should be able to copy and paste these links into your address bar...let me know if it doesn't work.

This first one is on the knowability of God. Yes, i never knew that could be an adjective either. In many ways it seemed like a ridiculous subject to write on. I could probably spend an entire year reading what much wiser people before me have had to say about the 'Knowability of God', I probably would be just as mystified as when I started my investigation. I choose to be comfortable with mystery and to keep myself from trying to reading every word that had been written on the subject, to focus on just a few theologians and the bible as I understood it.

file:///Users/ericapffel/Desktop/Moody%20Fall%202010/Research%20Papers/The%20Knowability%20of%20God.htm


The second paper here is a commentary on Genesis 24, the dramatic and disturbing story of the rape of dinah. I enjoyed researching for this paper mainly for the historical and cultural details of the ancient near east that I learned along the way. This story, like the bible, seems to shatter our constructions of morality. This story, like much of the bible, is more about God seeking man and working through sinful men than a prescription on how to live a moral life.


1 comment:

  1. God loves us.

    you're beautiful.

    you're mine.

    those are three fabulous things.

    ReplyDelete