Friday, October 16, 2009

Why Moths And Rust?


"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21

The purpose of this blog is to communicate to my friends and family a bit of my life as a young person pursuing Christ my thoughts, goals and prayer requests. I depend on you, my friends and family enormously and I want to make you a bigger part of my life. God has put many wonderful people in my life but sadly, having many friends and family, and having them all over the world, I often neglect to keep everyone I love updated. A phone call or letter is always deeply appreciated, but since it doesn't always happen, I will blog.

Why do I do what I do? Why am I in Chicago studying something that won't make me money? My life started as a rebel, separated from my Creator, my God. Like the sad story of all of mankind I choose my own way over God's without fail. But God through Jesus , God incarnate, has adopted me and lavished on me the riches of his grace. Why? Not only for ourselves but to the "praise of His glory" (Ephesians 1:1-14). So that is my life, to praise His glory.

Why am I saying this? Not because I am hoping some lost soul will stumble over my blog. Not to get in the face of you, my dear friends and family who are not christian, but to explain myself. This is my identity, my greatest treasure, not just a cognitive assent. No I won't do it right all the time. But I press on...In the words of my friend Andre "I press on with bloody feet, tired, not always knowing the way". But I am not defeated because in the words of another friend "Not that I am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own" (Philippians 3:12). If I knew the answers I would write a book, not a blog. All I can do is record my journey.

1 comment:

  1. This can be such a crazy, breath takingly painful and incredibly fun, exilerating Journey! Thanks for sharing your's with all of us. We absolutely need each other. I look forward to the stories, the discussions, the remembering ... the things that our Perfect Father, our Faithful Lover, will do with this blog.

    ReplyDelete